Dangerous Huntingdon man admits attempted murder
A DANGEROUS Huntingdon man who subjected a sleeping woman and her young child to a terrifying knife attack has admitted a charge of attempted murder.
A HUNTINGDON man who subjected a sleeping woman and her young child to a terrifying and shocking attack has admitted a charge of attempted murder.
The 25-year-old victim was in bed at just after 5am on July 27 last year when 44-year-old Peter Semourson walked in through an unlocked back door.
Semourson, of Silver Birch Close, Huntingdon, took his top off and attacked the victim, whose eight-year-old son was lying beside her.
She woke to find Semourson pushing a pillow on to her face. She fought back, pushing the pillow away, but Semourson began slashing her with a knife.
The boy also woke and suffered slash injuries but ran away and was rescued by a neighbour.
The victim, who suffered severe stab wounds to her head and arms, managed to escape and run to a neighbour’s house while Semourson got dressed and fled.
- 1 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 2 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 3 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 4 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 5 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
At just before 7am that morning, Semourson called police and said he had tried to kill someone. He said he was in the area of Tower Field Leisure Park in Huntingdon. Police arrived and he was arrested.
On Monday (July 5) at Peterborough Crown Court, Semourson admitted attempted murder of the victim and grievous bodily harm on her son. He spoke only to confirm his name and to make his pleas.
The court heard how Semourson had described the victim as “sexy” and “good looking”.
A doctor’s report said he presented a danger to women.
Remanding him in custody, Judge Neil McKittrick said he was satisfied the attack was sexually motivated and deferred sentencing until September.
Detective Inspector Martin Brunning said: “This was a shocking and terrifying attack for the victim and her son.
“Being attacked with this level of violence in her home and with the son witnessing the event has had a lasting effect on both. Specialist police officers have worked closely with the victims throughout the last 12 months.
“Semourson is clearly a dangerous man and the public will be safer with him behind bars.”