Dancing group raises £500 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s Woodlands Centre
- Credit: Archant
Members of a line dancing club hot-footed it to the Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital to handover a cheque for £500.
Bootscooterz raised the money during a year of fundraising at a variety of events, from a car boot sale to line dancing socials.
Their donation to the Woodlands extension appeal included a £50 donation from the Pike and Eel Boat Club at Needingworth, where they held an event.
Founder Dawn Morgan said: “We have a couple of dancers who have had cancer treatment at Woodlands, so it’s something close to our hearts.”
She said they presented the cheque dressed in 40s outfits because they were on their way to a themed restaurant in Kettering to celebrate a member’s birthday.
You may also want to watch:
Bootscooterz has classes at the Commemoration Hall in Huntingdon, St Ives Methodist Church, Burleigh Hill Centre, St Ives, Ramsey Community Hall and from September, its Buckden classes will be held at the Queen Elizabeth School Hall, Godmanchester.
INFORMATION: For more information, call Dawn on 01487 824143 or Lorraine DuBose on 01480 494367.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester