UK's top wartime act to perform in Ely this week
- Credit: D-DAY DARLINGS
The UK’s top wartime act, The D-Day Darlings, will perform in Ely this week.
Three key members will bring their new stage show to The Maltings for a matinee show on Friday September 17.
The show follows their success on the 2018 series of Britain’s Got Talent and their debut album 'I’ll Remember You', which charted at number 15 in the official album charts and receiving a BRIT Break through Award.
The group was formed 10 years ago by founder and lead singer Katie Ashby, after Katie recognised the importance of this music and how it resonates with people like no other genre of music.
Katie said: “To see how these songs affect people and how the melody and lyrics evoke such memories was truly eye-opening for me.
You may also want to watch:
"It was this that made me want to build a career singing these timeless songs and bring back memories for so many people."
Doors open at 11.30am for a 12.10pm show start.
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 5 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
Book tickets online via https://www.themaltingsely.org.uk/events/event?id=72