Cyclist dies after incident in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has died in an incident near Godmanchester and police are appealing for anyone with information about what happened to come forward.
Police say the death, which happened on Offord Road at about 3pm on Sunday, is not being treated as suspicious.
A spokesman said: “We were called just after 3pm yesterday to reports of the sudden death of a cyclist in Offord Road, Godmanchester.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious and there is currently no indication that another vehicle was involved.”
The spokesman said: “However, officers investigating are keeping an open mind and are keen to speak to anyone who saw what happened or the cyclist immediately prior.”
Information can be given to police online at the force’s web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number 339 of 23 August.
Police are not naming the victim, believed to be a man, because the incident is not thought to be suspicious.
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 8 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates