Huntingdon businessman aims to raise £10,000 for children’s charity by cycling over 1,000km
A Huntingdon businessman - who has undergone nine operations in 10 years - is hoping to raise £10,000 for a children’s charity by cycling more than 1,000km.
Dan Chillingworth is embarking on the challenge in support of Peterborough-based charity Sports Connections Foundation.
He is currently cycling 50km each day on his mountain bike until May 29.
Earlier this year, Dan and business partner Warren Whitfield pledged to raise the cash hosting golf days and charity events.
However, the pair, who run Xtreme Events and Modern World Business Solutions, had to put their plans on hold due to the coronavirus outbreak.
You may also want to watch:
Father-of-three Dan decided to take on his own challenge in a bid to raise the £10,000 himself.
In the past ten years Dan has had nine operations and likens himself to the Tin Man rather than Chris Boardman or Chris Hoy.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
He said: “Anyone who knows me will know how difficult this challenge is going to be for me, but I want to be a man of my word and do some good for this amazing charity.
“I’ve been lucky enough to attend Sports Connections Foundation events over the past few years and I’ve seen first-hand the difference this charity makes to children’s lives; it’s simply inspirational.
“Maybe I can even get Warren to join me on the final day and do his own 50km cycle around his hometown?
“I am a loving father of three beautiful children, and I feel that all children should have access to sport and great opportunities in life.”
Sports Connections Foundation believes that sport is one of the most powerful tools on the planet and impacts the lives of children and young people.
Through its Sporting Wishes initiatives it helps to make dreams come true for some of the bravest and most deserving children.
Sports Connections Foundation founder Junior McDougald, said: “We couldn’t be prouder of Dan. What he’s committed to achieve is phenomenal.”
To support Dan on his journey and donate to the cause visit: https://bit.ly/2SHkwb0