St Neots Cycling Club invite riders and families to cycle for Ukraine
- Credit: Wheels in Wheels
St Neots Cycling Club has planned an event called Cycle for Ukraine this Sunday, inviting riders to enter and help raise money for the DEC Ukraine Appeal.
The route is around 15 miles long and starts at 11 am on March 20 from St Neots Market Square.
There is a minimum entry fee of £10, and for the family ride, it is £5 with donations encouraged when buying tickets and when present on the day.
Graham Temple of Wheels in Wheels Events, who has helped organise the day, said: "It's like a normal club day, and we’ve thrown in a family ride.
"We wanted it totally inclusive, and we don’t want to leave the families out, so there is a separate safer ride for them and their children."
The family route is 2.4 miles long, and any type of bike is encouraged.
Graham said more than 200 riders have entered so far, with more expected on the day as the St Neots club hope to reach a £10,000 target for those in desperate need in Ukraine.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
If you wish to enter the event or find out more information, please contact email@example.com