Customers share memories as family-run jewellers gets set to close for final time
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a jewellery shop in St Ives are preparing to close their doors for the final time.
Michael and Linda Piggott, of Piggotts the Jewellers, in Crown Street, will bid farewell to the town on Saturday after more than 30 years of trading.
Whilst Mr and Mrs Piggott said they were “sad” to be closing their family business, they are both looking forward to retirement and the opportunities to come.
The closure of the shop, which opened for business in 1981, has prompted hundreds of regular customers to pop in and share their memories of the business, with store manager Suzanne Scarborough inspired to record some of the comments in writing by way of a ‘well wishes tree’.
Customers have been committing their thoughts to a tag and these have then been added to the store’s Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
Suzanne said: “The store holds a special place in the hearts of many Piggotts’ patrons. So many of our loyal customers were keen to write a message, so we created the well wishes tree.
“There are some beautiful messages; it goes to show what a positive impact Michael and Linda’s personal service has had on the retail community of St Ives.”
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
Customers are invited to visit the store to take a look at the well wishes tree, write a tag of their own to add to the tree and to take advantage of the final closing down offers.
All remaining stock, including many items of fine gold and diamond jewellery, will be discounted by a further 10 per cent until January 6, the store’s final day trading.