Customers share memories as family-run jewellers gets set to close for final time
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a jewellery shop in St Ives are preparing to close their doors for the final time.
Michael and Linda Piggott, of Piggotts the Jewellers, in Crown Street, will bid farewell to the town on Saturday after more than 30 years of trading.
Whilst Mr and Mrs Piggott said they were “sad” to be closing their family business, they are both looking forward to retirement and the opportunities to come.
The closure of the shop, which opened for business in 1981, has prompted hundreds of regular customers to pop in and share their memories of the business, with store manager Suzanne Scarborough inspired to record some of the comments in writing by way of a ‘well wishes tree’.
Customers have been committing their thoughts to a tag and these have then been added to the store’s Christmas tree.
Suzanne said: “The store holds a special place in the hearts of many Piggotts’ patrons. So many of our loyal customers were keen to write a message, so we created the well wishes tree.
“There are some beautiful messages; it goes to show what a positive impact Michael and Linda’s personal service has had on the retail community of St Ives.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Customers are invited to visit the store to take a look at the well wishes tree, write a tag of their own to add to the tree and to take advantage of the final closing down offers.
All remaining stock, including many items of fine gold and diamond jewellery, will be discounted by a further 10 per cent until January 6, the store’s final day trading.