Crowds flock to Huntingdon’s Riverside Gala
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children enjoyed a day to remember when they met popular Disney characters Elsa and Anna at the Riverside Gala on Saturday.
The annual fun fest drew in the crowds with a visit from the two special guests from Disney’s Frozen as well as charity stalls, live music, fairground rides and much more.
Two performances from The Wertheim Hornblowers, a group from Huntingdon’s twin town in Germany, were a big hit.
Organising commitee member Malcolm Lyons said: “The children really loved meeting the Frozen characters and the live music area was packed all day.
“All the charities raised money, which is what this event is all about and Wood Green were happy with the response they got. It’s an event where everyone can enjoy themselves. “
Huntingdon Boat Club kept the crowds fed and watered with a bar and barbecue, while the dog show run by Wood Green proved to be a huge success.
Mr Lyons added: “We are always looking for more sponsorship so we can improve this event each year. Even small opportunities such as free advertising are there, it’s a community event we hope to keep growing.”
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 8 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 9 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
- 10 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
The gala was organised by Huntingdon Town Council, Huntingdon Boat Club and Huntingdon Rotary Club.
Anyone interested in supporting or getting involved with the next one should call Mr Lyons on 01480 454801.