Crowds flock to community’s Easter-themed fun day
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 people turned out at Coneygear Park, in Huntingdon, for an Easter fun day earlier this month.
Organised by a host of local organisations including Huntingdon Town Council and The Snack Shack, the day saw youngsters take part in an Easter egg hunt with sweet treats donated by housing association, Luminus.
Getting in the seasonal spirit, there was also an Easter bonnet competition with Eliza and Klara Wright-Nawrocki awarded top prize, as well as the return of the event’s successful petting zoo.
Animals including ducks and lambs were on show for children to meet, before youngsters headed to colouring tables to create springtime pictures.
Shilpa Desai-Sakaldip, Medway Centre manager, said the day was ‘wonderful’ and that families always look forward to attending.
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer at The Snack Shack, call 01480 388677.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio