Men arrested for carrying knuckle-duster and baton
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Two men have been arrested for carrying a baton in Huntingdon.
The pair were apprehended by Cambridgeshire Police today after officers discovered a baton hidden inside a vehicle in Huntingdon.
In Peterborough, officers also found a baseball bat and a knuckle-duster on another man during a stop and search.
Cambridgeshire Police in a Facebook post said: "Convinced he wasn’t on the way to a baseball game, officers seized the weapons and gave him a night in custody instead.
“Today’s top tip: if you carry a knuckleduster or baton, don’t be surprised if you get arrested.
“That’s what happened to two men in their 40s stopped by police in Huntingdon.
"Officers suspected something wasn’t quite right and found this baton hidden inside the vehicle.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 6 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
- 10 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
“Following a change in the law it is now illegal to own certain weapons, including knuckledusters, even if kept on private property.”