Men arrested for carrying knuckle-duster and baton
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Two men have been arrested for carrying a baton in Huntingdon.
The pair were apprehended by Cambridgeshire Police today after officers discovered a baton hidden inside a vehicle in Huntingdon.
In Peterborough, officers also found a baseball bat and a knuckle-duster on another man during a stop and search.
Cambridgeshire Police in a Facebook post said: "Convinced he wasn’t on the way to a baseball game, officers seized the weapons and gave him a night in custody instead.
“Today’s top tip: if you carry a knuckleduster or baton, don’t be surprised if you get arrested.
“That’s what happened to two men in their 40s stopped by police in Huntingdon.
"Officers suspected something wasn’t quite right and found this baton hidden inside the vehicle.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“Following a change in the law it is now illegal to own certain weapons, including knuckledusters, even if kept on private property.”