Two-car crash at 'dangerous junction' in Hunts village
- Credit: Ian Macdonald
A two-car crash closed a Huntingdonshire road and demolished a gate – but luckily no one was seriously injured.
The incident took place between London Road and Hemingford Road, Hemingford Grey, on Wednesday afternoon (August 18) just after 1.30pm.
It involved a Fiat 500 and an MG5. Just a minor injury was reported.
“The road was closed while recovery of the vehicles took place,” a spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said.
“The driver of the MG was reported for driving without due care and attention.”
One eyewitness said: “This is a dangerous and poorly signed crossroads.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio