Police arrest two men after 'cooking oil thefts van' stopped near Alconbury
- Credit: Cambs Police
Two men were arrested after a van believed to be used for cooking oil thefts was stopped by police on the A1 near Alconbury.
Five 55-gallon drums and three 25-gallon drums – some still containing cooking oil – were found in the back of the van today (March 23).
“The vehicle was initially showing as no tax or MOT and further checks revealed it was believed to have been used in cooking oil thefts in Essex,” Cambs Police said.
“The driver and passenger couldn’t tell us where the oil had come from or who owned it.
“The men, aged 33 and 49, were arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and the vehicle seized.”
Police stopped the vehicle while on patrols in response to catalytic converter thefts.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 3 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 9 New project provides more information about Great Ouse Valley Way
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years