St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
Police stopped Mohammed Islam as he was driving along the M11 in his grey Audi A3 on 25 November last year (2020).
Their suspicions were confirmed when a search uncovered 12g of cocaine, £1,015 in cash and a mobile phone.
Officers then searched his bedroom at his home in Houghton Road where they found a further 44g of cocaine and 96 diazepam tablets, scales and deal bags. Another two mobile phones were also found in Islam’s other vehicle, a BMW.
It was when officers arrested a local drug user that they were able to link Islam to dealing class A drugs after they found text messages, including his bank details, from Islam on the user’s mobile phone.
At Peterborough Crown Court yesterday (22 November) Islam was sentenced to two and a half years in prison after pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply cocaine.
Islam’s brother, Sanwarul, 23, pleaded guilty to money laundering and was given a 12 month conditional discharge.
Sergeant Michael Basford said: “Drug dealing brings with it a whole host of criminality to our county as well as harm to the most vulnerable people in our community. We’re committed to finding and putting people before the courts so they can be sentenced for the crimes they have committed.”
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks