Lorry fire in 'serious collision' closes A1M near Sawtry
- Credit: Google Earth
A lorry has caught fire after it crashed with a car and hit a barrier – closing the A1M in both directions near Sawtry.
Officers are currently at the scene of the serious collision on the southbound carriageway.
Police were called at 2.55pm today (November 16) with reports an HGV had caught fire after it was involved in a collision with a car and hit a barrier.
Officers, fire crews and paramedics are all in attendance.
The road has been closed in both directions and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Details of any injuries are unclear at this time.
Anyone without internet access should call 101. Always dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today