Two arrests after Cambs 'first magic mushroom factory' found in Huntingdon
- Credit: Cambs Police
Cambridgeshire’s 'first magic mushroom factory' was discovered by police in a Huntingdon house.
Two people were arrested after the Class A drug was found alongside a cannabis cultivation this morning (March 9).
Cambs police say it is “the first known magic mushroom factory” in the county.
The wild mushrooms with hallucinogenic effects, are a controlled drug under the misuse of drugs act 1971.
In a post on Policing Huntingdonshire, it read: “Your local neighbourhood officers have conducted a warrant under the misuse of drugs act, in Huntingdon this morning.
“On entering the property, officers located a Cannabis cultivation along with Cambridgeshire’s first known Magic Mushroom factory.
“A 24 year old female and a 26 year old male currently remain in custody after being arrested for possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs and possession of criminal property.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 3 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 9 New project provides more information about Great Ouse Valley Way
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
“Officers will continue to make Huntingdon a Hostile place for drug supply.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area, you can report it to police online at: https://bit.ly/3baylZc