Two arrests after Cambs 'first magic mushroom factory' found in Huntingdon
- Credit: Cambs Police
Cambridgeshire’s 'first magic mushroom factory' was discovered by police in a Huntingdon house.
Two people were arrested after the Class A drug was found alongside a cannabis cultivation this morning (March 9).
Cambs police say it is “the first known magic mushroom factory” in the county.
The wild mushrooms with hallucinogenic effects, are a controlled drug under the misuse of drugs act 1971.
In a post on Policing Huntingdonshire, it read: “Your local neighbourhood officers have conducted a warrant under the misuse of drugs act, in Huntingdon this morning.
“On entering the property, officers located a Cannabis cultivation along with Cambridgeshire’s first known Magic Mushroom factory.
“A 24 year old female and a 26 year old male currently remain in custody after being arrested for possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs and possession of criminal property.
- 1 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 2 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 3 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 4 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 10 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
“Officers will continue to make Huntingdon a Hostile place for drug supply.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area, you can report it to police online at: https://bit.ly/3baylZc