Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- Credit: Google Earth
A masked man stole a purse from a car in Hartford after trying the door handles of another vehicle in the same street during the early hours of the morning.
The incident took place in Merlin Close just after 3.30am on Thursday (March 4).
Police were alerted after a resident said his video doorbell had activated and showed a “masked man trying his car door handle”.
Officers searched the area but were unsuccessful, then a neighbour on the same street later reported a purse had been stolen from her car.
Two separate crimes were raised.
It comes as people are being encouraged to report any concerns or suspicious behaviour in their community as part of a new campaign to highlight crimes which may have previously gone unnoticed.
The force’s new ‘Stay In, Speak Out’ campaign highlights the continuing coronavirus pandemic which has led to people changing where they work and more people spending increasing amounts of time at home.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 3 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 9 New project provides more information about Great Ouse Valley Way
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years