Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- Credit: Google Earth
A masked man stole a purse from a car in Hartford after trying the door handles of another vehicle in the same street during the early hours of the morning.
The incident took place in Merlin Close just after 3.30am on Thursday (March 4).
Police were alerted after a resident said his video doorbell had activated and showed a “masked man trying his car door handle”.
Officers searched the area but were unsuccessful, then a neighbour on the same street later reported a purse had been stolen from her car.
Two separate crimes were raised.
It comes as people are being encouraged to report any concerns or suspicious behaviour in their community as part of a new campaign to highlight crimes which may have previously gone unnoticed.
The force’s new ‘Stay In, Speak Out’ campaign highlights the continuing coronavirus pandemic which has led to people changing where they work and more people spending increasing amounts of time at home.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 10 Two year ban on begging for these six