Murder investigation launched in St Ives following death of woman
- Credit: Google Earth
A 40-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering a St Ives woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
Cambs Police launched a murder investigation yesterday (February 22) following the sudden death of the woman in Norris Road.
They were called at 7.30am with reports to the property.
A post-mortem is due to be carried out later today (February 23). The victim cannot be named until formal ID has taken place.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident and a cordon remains at the scene.
Detective Inspector Dale Mepstead, said: "Our thoughts go out to this woman's family and loved ones at this difficult time.
"I would like to reassure the public that we believe this is an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues."
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or via web-chat quoting incident 47 of February 22.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.