Murder investigation launched in St Ives following death of woman
- Credit: Google Earth
A 40-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering a St Ives woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
Cambs Police launched a murder investigation yesterday (February 22) following the sudden death of the woman in Norris Road.
They were called at 7.30am with reports to the property.
A post-mortem is due to be carried out later today (February 23). The victim cannot be named until formal ID has taken place.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident and a cordon remains at the scene.
Detective Inspector Dale Mepstead, said: "Our thoughts go out to this woman's family and loved ones at this difficult time.
"I would like to reassure the public that we believe this is an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues."
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 10 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or via web-chat quoting incident 47 of February 22.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.