Murder investigation launched in St Ives following death of woman
- Credit: Google Earth
A 40-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering a St Ives woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
Cambs Police launched a murder investigation yesterday (February 22) following the sudden death of the woman in Norris Road.
They were called at 7.30am with reports to the property.
A post-mortem is due to be carried out later today (February 23). The victim cannot be named until formal ID has taken place.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident and a cordon remains at the scene.
Detective Inspector Dale Mepstead, said: "Our thoughts go out to this woman's family and loved ones at this difficult time.
"I would like to reassure the public that we believe this is an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues."
- 1 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 2 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 3 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 4 Village Focus: Brampton 'a fabulous village to live in'
- 5 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 6 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Muddy ditch rescue and swooping pigeons - life as a Modern Mum
- 9 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 10 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or via web-chat quoting incident 47 of February 22.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.