Murder investigation launched in St Ives following death of woman
- Credit: Google Earth
A 40-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering a St Ives woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
Cambs Police launched a murder investigation yesterday (February 22) following the sudden death of the woman in Norris Road.
They were called at 7.30am with reports to the property.
A post-mortem is due to be carried out later today (February 23). The victim cannot be named until formal ID has taken place.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident and a cordon remains at the scene.
Detective Inspector Dale Mepstead, said: "Our thoughts go out to this woman's family and loved ones at this difficult time.
"I would like to reassure the public that we believe this is an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues."
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or via web-chat quoting incident 47 of February 22.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.