Man in critical condition due to collision on London Road in St Ives
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A man has been left in critical condition and in hospital, after a serious collision in St Ives yesterday October 11.
At about 10.40pm a HGV was involved in a collision with a pedestrian in London Road, St Ives, near to Callum Farm.
Officers, paramedics and the air ambulance all attended the scene and the road was closed while the incident was dealt with.
The pedestrian was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he remains in a critical, but stable, condition.
The driver of the HGV remained at the scene and no arrests have been made.
Officers are now appealing for information.
Sergeant Craig Wheeler said: “This was a serious collision which has left a man fighting for his life in hospital.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
“We’re appealing to anyone who witnessed what happened, or who has relevant dashcam footage, to contact us as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information is asked to visit www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101 quoting incident 510 of October 11.