Man in critical condition due to collision on London Road in St Ives
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A man has been left in critical condition and in hospital, after a serious collision in St Ives yesterday October 11.
At about 10.40pm a HGV was involved in a collision with a pedestrian in London Road, St Ives, near to Callum Farm.
Officers, paramedics and the air ambulance all attended the scene and the road was closed while the incident was dealt with.
The pedestrian was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he remains in a critical, but stable, condition.
The driver of the HGV remained at the scene and no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are now appealing for information.
Sergeant Craig Wheeler said: “This was a serious collision which has left a man fighting for his life in hospital.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
“We’re appealing to anyone who witnessed what happened, or who has relevant dashcam footage, to contact us as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information is asked to visit www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101 quoting incident 510 of October 11.