Knuckleduster seized by police in drug supply crackdown
- Credit: Cambs Police
A knuckleduster was seized from a house in Eaton Socon and a man at risk of drug abuse spoken to by police.
The item was taken from a house in Peer Road when officers executed a warrant there this morning (February 9).
It comes as the St Neots Neighbourhood Policing Team were targeting drug supply in the area.
Officers also spoke with a vulnerable man at risk of cuckooing – a form of crime were drug dealers take over a home of someone and use it as a base for drug trafficking.
A post on the Policing Huntingdonshire Facebook page, read: “Weapons such as the knuckleduster are frequently associated with drug supply.
“Officers utilised the opportunity to engage with a vulnerable male at risk of cuckooing and liaised with partner agencies around long-term support.”
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections