Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- Credit: Cambs Police
A man has been jailed after being found guilty of raping a woman at his home in Huntingdon.
William Richardson, 63, was at his address in Ramsey Road drinking with the victim on August 11, 2017.
However, when she tried to go to bed he forced himself on top, and raped her despite being told to stop.
Richardson denied the claim but evidential samples supported the victim's account and he was found guilty of rape by a jury at Peterborough Cathedral on Friday (July 30) where the case was held.
He was sentenced to five and-a-half years in prison and was placed on the sex offenders register indefinitely.
DS Adam McCluskey, who investigated, said: “Richardson was a predator who saw opportunity in a vulnerable woman.
“I am pleased he has received a jail sentence, hopefully he can educate himself in that time that no means no.
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 5 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
“I’d like to commend the victim on her bravery from the initial report, throughout the investigation and all the way to trial”.
Sex without consent is rape and is always a crime, find out more here.