Man verbally abused 101 call taker
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A man who verbally abused a 101 call taker has been jailed for six weeks.
Dale Turner, 38, called the force’s non-emergency line on February 9 for an update on a crime.
He was forwarded onto an officer but when his call didn’t go through he became agitated and began insulting the call taker.
Turner, of Maryland Avenue, Hartford, was sentenced at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on Friday August 27 after pleading guilty to sending a communication of an offensive nature at a previous hearing.
He was also ordered to pay £150 in compensation.
PC Morgan Gerrity, who investigated, said: “Our call handlers support the public in reporting crimes and provide advice on a whole host of issues.
“Abusive behaviour towards them will not be tolerated.”
There are now more ways than ever to contact the police. For more information, visit our website.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 7 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman