Hunt is on for flytippers who dumped this huge pile of rubbish on B1046
- Credit: HDC
An appeal for witnesses has been made after a mound of rubbish including cupboards and bags of clothing was dumped on the B1046.
Enforcement officers from Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) believe the fly tip was from a tipper truck that was left on the road between St Neots and Abbotsley.
The incident occurred after 5.30pm on the February 9 and was discovered the following morning by residents.
A post on their Facebook page read: “Due to the amount of waste, we believe the vehicle could be a medium sized tipper.
“If you have any information that may help our enquiries, please contact the council’s community team and quote reference number 133078.
“Call 01480 388388 or email email@example.com.”
Anyone caught fly tipping can get a fixed penalty notice of £400.
Serious offences of fly tipping are punishable by an unlimited fine or up to five years in prison.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 4 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 5 Charitable efforts in Kimbolton turn 'pain into positivity'
- 6 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 9 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 10 Village Focus: Brampton 'a fabulous village to live in'