Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
- Credit: Police
A mother suspected of being drunk whilst looking after her child, ran from police when they called and jumped some neighbours’ fences.
An early hours anonymous call to police alerted them to the drunken mother.
A police spokesperson said: “We arrested a 38-year-old woman in the early hours of this morning after an anonymous call from a concerned member of the public
“The woman is thought to have been drunk in charge of her young child and also allegedly dropped the child on the ground in the street”.
Police said they paid her a call just before and arrested her on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a child.
“This was after a short chase on foot where she jumped fences of nearby gardens,” said the police spokesperson.
“The child is now being cared for in a safe environment.”
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 4 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 5 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 6 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 7 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 8 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 9 New defibrillator mounted in St Neots to help save lives
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
Police didn’t reveal the address but said it was in the centre of Peterborough.
“Do you have similar concerns?” said the spokesperson/
“Remember sharing any worries with us, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem, could make a huge difference to a child’s life.”
You don't have to be sure. Find out more here: