Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A uninsured driver in Ramsey has been caught speeding up to 100mph.
On Friday evening, October 22, police caught up with the male driver near Upwood.
They discovered that the driver had only passed his test three months ago and that he had only purchased the car that day.
But the car was not insured the car and was seized by police.
The driver was also reported for driving offences.
In a Facebook post Cambridgeshire Police said: “While on patrol Friday night in Ramsey, this vehicle decided to drive speeds of up to 100mph trying to avoid us.
“Unfortunately for him we caught up with him near Upwood to discover:
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
“He only passed his test three months ago
“He only purchased the car that day
“He hadn’t got round to insuring it
“The car was seized and driver reported for the offences.”