Driver clocked at 130mph on A1 with young children in the car
- Credit: Cambs Police
A driver was stopped by police after being clocked at 130mph with children in the car outside of Huntingdon.
The silver BMW was travelling on the A1M towards Sawtry on Saturday (January 9).
When stopped by police, the driver told officers that he’s a “good driver”.
A post on Policing Huntingdonshire Facebook page read: “This vehicle passed our Road Policing Unit at speed and thought it was acceptable to travel at 130mph in the fog with his young children in the car.
“When stopped he said he didn’t think it was that bad because he’s a ‘good driver’.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a man from Peterborough, was issued with a Traffic Offence Report at the roadside for speeding and will be summonsed to court in due course, police say.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son