Huntingdon cyclist named after fatal crash
- Credit: Peterborough Matters
A cyclist who died after he was involved in a crash with a car has been named by police.
Chris Mardlin, 58, of The Whaddons, Huntingdon, was riding along Kings Ripton Road, Huntingdon, near Huntingdon Jubilee Park, when the collision happened at about 10.40pm on Monday November 1.
Emergency services attended but Mr Mardlin died at the scene.
Damian Ralph, 39, of no fixed abode, appeared at Peterborough Magistrates' Court today charged with causing death by careless driving while over the legal alcohol limit.
He was remanded to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on December 1.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to contact the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit via web chat at https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw or online forms at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 486 of 1 November.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 2 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 3 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 4 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 5 Plans to improve safety and cut congestion in new A141 and St Ives scheme
- 6 Will we have a white Christmas in Cambridgeshire this year?
- 7 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
- 8 Man who crashed into house is banned from driving
- 9 Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
- 10 Vital improvements for St Neots town centre move a step closer