Child in court after stabbing 16-year-old
- Credit: Archant
A child who stabbed a 16-year-old boy in Peterborough is due in court today (Wednesday December 15).
Police were called at 7:50pm on Monday (December 13) with reports of violence at the Chadburn Centre in Paston where a teenage boy had been stabbed.
He was taken to Peterborough City Hospital where he was treated for his wound which was not deemed to be life-threatening.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “A 13-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with being in possession of a knife in a public place.
“He’s also been charged for assault causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent.
“He had been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (December 15)".
Anyone with information about someone who carries a weapon is urged to report it to police via their web chat online service.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 6 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 7 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14