5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- Credit: Cambs Police
CCTV images have been released of five men police want to question about a serious assault in Peterborough on New Year’s Eve.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was walking past Middletons Steak House, in Bridge Street, at about 8.30pm, when he bumped into a group of men walking towards him.
The group shouted at the victim and as he tried to walk away he was a punched to the ground and stamped on.
A man in his 50s in the restaurant witnessed the attack and intervened but was struck to the head with a skateboard by one of the group. He suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital.
The suspects left the area, heading in the direction of Town Bridge.
PC Jon Coupland said: “This was an unprovoked attack where a victim has suffered a nasty head injury in the process of trying to prevent another person from being further assaulted.
"He was out for a meal with his family who witnessed what happened. We are keen to speak to anyone who was there at the time or recognises the men in these images.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting 35/90296/21 or here
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.