Police get 198 calls for Covid rule breakers - including groups in Brampton
- Credit: Google Earth
Police received 198 calls relating to Covid breaches over the weekend – including groups gathering in Brampton Memorial Fields.
The calls from across Cambridgeshire were up 10 per cent compared to the weekend before.
Officers warned residents not to break the guidelines just because of the sunnier weather.
A post on Facebook by Policing Huntingdonshire, read: “Many of our calls were around groups gathering in open spaces including Jesus Green in Cambridge, Brampton Memorial Fields and Fulbridge Recreation Ground in Peterborough to name a few.
“While it’s lovely to see some sunshine, please don’t be tempted to break the guidelines.
“We are all in this together and we all have a responsibility to follow the rules.
“As always, thank you to everyone playing their part and helping save lives.”
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 7 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 8 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet