Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A drug dealer snared by an off-duty detective has been jailed for more than three years.
The detective was kayaking in the river off Bromholme Lane, Brampton on June 6 when he spotted Daniel Worrall acting suspiciously.
Worrall was seen by the officer to take receipt of two large laundry style bags from a black car and put them into his white van.
As Worrall went into a nearby pub for a drink, the detective suspected a drug deal had taken place and called in his colleagues to make further enquiries.
Worrall, 22, of Percy Green Place, Huntingdon, was arrested at the scene and the van, which was insured to him, was searched.
Officers found cocaine and cannabis with a street value of more than £200,000 in the van.
At Peterborough Crown Court yesterday September 14 , Worrall was sentenced to three years and four months in prison after previously pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply cocaine and cannabis and possession of criminal property.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
Detective Constable Jacob Reeves said: “The saying is true that we can’t be everywhere but we could be anywhere and our eyes and ears are open whether we are on or off duty.
“Drugs and dealing bring misery, despair and violence to our county and we will continue to do all we can to put those responsible before the courts.”
If you suspect dealing in your area, report it to us here: https://bit.ly/3nBpsys