Police appeal after attempted knife-point robbery in St Neots
- Credit: Cambs Police
Police have released a description of a youth who carried out an attempted knife-point robbery in St Neots.
The offender, wearing a black tracksuit, black snood and a black beanie hat, approached the victim, a man in his 20s, in an alleyway behind Grenville Way at about 8.40pm on Tuesday, June 1.
He demanded the man hand over his watch and bag, but when he refused, he produced a small knife and began threatening him.
The youth, who was in his mid to late teens, fled empty handed on a silver bicycle in the direction of Nelson Road, via Drake Road.
PC Lee Hurley said: “This was a frightening incident for the victim, who bravely refused to hand over his possessions and luckily did not suffer serious injury.
“I would urge people to look at the description of the attacker, who was white and about 5’5” and dressed all in black, and contact us if they think they have anything that could help identify him.”
INFO: Contact police and quote reference: 35/33891/21.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 5 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 10 Home of the Week: Former inn now a family home with equestrian facilities, for sale in Southoe