Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- Credit: Cambs Police
A suspected arsonist was arrested following a fire in the early hours of Tuesday at a Cambridgeshire surgery.
The man has been charged following a fire at a health centre in Fulbourn.
Emergency services were called to the blaze, in Haggis Gap, at 12.44am yesterday (27 July).
Richard Naylor, 49, of Haggis Gap was arrested yesterday morning and has since been charged with arson with recklessness as to whether life was endangered, threatening to damage/destroy property, assault by beating of an emergency worker and common assault of an emergency worker.
He is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (28 July).
An NHS Property Services spokesperson said: “We received reports of a fire at Fulbourn Health Centre in the early hours of this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully, no one was present at the site at this time, and the local fire service have successfully put out the fire.
““Police have attended the scene and are looking into the possible causes of the fire. We are working with them in this regard, and will do all we can to support their investigations.”
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 5 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
The spokesperson said they are “proactively engaging” with Dr C M Bennett and Partners and NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group to quickly find alternative accommodation for the practice.
"For the time being, the practice is re-directing patients to its other surgery at Cornford House,” said the spokesperson.
“We are working hard to ensure that the practice can continue to provide their important services and to minimise the disruption caused to patients and staff.”