Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- Credit: Cambs Police
A car crashed into safety barriers after driving off the A1307 at Swavesey - with the driver fleeing from the scene.
Police inquiries are ongoing after Volkswagen Polo left the road but was eventually stopped by the barrier yesterday (June 10).
Pictures posted on the Policing Huntingdonshire page show the aftermath of the incident, with significant damage to the front end of the car and the crash barrier itself.
Another picture shows the tyre marks running through the grass next to the road - indicating how far the Polo had come off the road.
The Policing Huntingdonshire Facebook post read: “Fortunately, the crash barrier on the A1307 at Swavesey eventually stopped this Polo.
“Despite us being a friendly bunch the driver didn’t wait around to explain his mishap.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl