Creative talent on display at club’s photography exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A photographic exhibition showcasing the creative talents of people supported by a disability charity has been officially unveiled.
Volunteers at the Papworth Trust have run a photography club from the Saxongate Centre, in Huntingdon, for the past 15 months.
On January 6, members were given the chance to exhibit their photographic work at the centre, in Bradbury Place, with the opening attended by friends and family.
The club was started by John Morrison, a volunteer at the charity, who had previously run a photography and video business in the town, Visual E.states.
Mr Morrison said: “We are absolutely delighted with the exhibition and I know the photographers are all very proud.
You may also want to watch:
“There has always been good involvement and interest so I decided to set up a small club and their enthusiasm has just grown.”
The photos exhibited were taken from shoots at Houghton Mill and Grafham Water as well as a social barbecue organised by the charity.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Jane Barnett, one of the photographers, said: “I had never picked up a camera before I came here but it is a really good club with a really good social aspect. It is great to see our photos exhibited.”
Explaining the benefits of the club, which meets every month, Mr Morrison added: “Photography can be very rewarding while we also edit the photographs collectively so everyone can give their opinion and learn from each other.
“The club has a great atmosphere and everyone has a good time.”