Owner of new craft shop hopes move will help business to keep growing
- Credit: Archant
A new family-owned craft shop opened its doors on Friday in Huntingdon’s St Benedict’s Court.
Craft it Yourself was set up by Jemma Rands last year and had a shop in a warehouse on Stukley Meadows industrial estate, but she decided to move into Huntingdon town centre in order to expand.
Jemma said: “I’m so excited that we were able to move here and it is such a relief that the opening went well. It was great to have so many people at the opening and the mayor of Huntingdon even opened it for us. We are hoping that we have the footfall from the bus station and that it will make a difference and help us expand.
“I decided to set up the business as my mum has always been into crafting and I’ve grown up with it.
“I’ve always wanted to be self employed and I was fed up of working jobs I wasn’t happy in. I’ve already had a lot of positive feedback about the new shop which has been encouraging.”
The shop offers a range of craft supplies as well as a small section called ‘patches design’ which is knitwear that is made by Jemma’s mum Diane, as well as craft workshops.
Jemma said: “I am hoping that now I have somewhere bigger we can host workshops for people to get involved as the last venue we were in could only take about six people, so it is looking up.”
- 1 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 2 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 3 Old Mill upgrade resumes at Godmanchester
- 4 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 9 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 10 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
Craft it Yourself is open from Monday to Saturday, 9.30am until 5.30pm. To find out more visit www.craftityourself.co.uk.