Couple jailed after sexually abusing a teenage girl
A COUPLE who sexually abused a teenage girl have been jailed.
Keith Nicholls, 54, was jailed for five years while his wife, Paula, 40, was locked up for three years at Peterborough Crown Court today (Friday, December 21).
Keith Nicholls was convicted of sexual activity with a child following a trial, while Paula Nicholls was found guilty of indecently assaulting the girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The pair, both from Godmanchester, were also made subject of 10 year Sexual Offences Prevention Orders.
The offences took place between 2003 and 2005. The girl was aged between 13 and 15.
The court heard the pair abused the girl after inviting her round to their home. The offences only came to light when the victim told relatives what had happened.
The jury failed to reach verdicts on four other charges relating to a younger girl.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
Detective Constable Amanda Pickering, who led the investigation, said: “These two offenders preyed on the girl’s vulnerability, putting her through a horrific ordeal for their own sexual gratification.
“The victim showed great bravery in not only coming forward, but also giving evidence at court to ensure justice was done.”