Couple jailed after sexually abusing a teenage girl
A COUPLE who sexually abused a teenage girl have been jailed.
Keith Nicholls, 54, was jailed for five years while his wife, Paula, 40, was locked up for three years at Peterborough Crown Court today (Friday, December 21).
Keith Nicholls was convicted of sexual activity with a child following a trial, while Paula Nicholls was found guilty of indecently assaulting the girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The pair, both from Godmanchester, were also made subject of 10 year Sexual Offences Prevention Orders.
The offences took place between 2003 and 2005. The girl was aged between 13 and 15.
The court heard the pair abused the girl after inviting her round to their home. The offences only came to light when the victim told relatives what had happened.
The jury failed to reach verdicts on four other charges relating to a younger girl.
- 1 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 4 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 5 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 6 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 7 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 8 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Detective Constable Amanda Pickering, who led the investigation, said: “These two offenders preyed on the girl’s vulnerability, putting her through a horrific ordeal for their own sexual gratification.
“The victim showed great bravery in not only coming forward, but also giving evidence at court to ensure justice was done.”