Couple jailed after sexually abusing a teenage girl
A COUPLE who sexually abused a teenage girl have been jailed.
Keith Nicholls, 54, was jailed for five years while his wife, Paula, 40, was locked up for three years at Peterborough Crown Court today (Friday, December 21).
Keith Nicholls was convicted of sexual activity with a child following a trial, while Paula Nicholls was found guilty of indecently assaulting the girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The pair, both from Godmanchester, were also made subject of 10 year Sexual Offences Prevention Orders.
The offences took place between 2003 and 2005. The girl was aged between 13 and 15.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard the pair abused the girl after inviting her round to their home. The offences only came to light when the victim told relatives what had happened.
The jury failed to reach verdicts on four other charges relating to a younger girl.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Detective Constable Amanda Pickering, who led the investigation, said: “These two offenders preyed on the girl’s vulnerability, putting her through a horrific ordeal for their own sexual gratification.
“The victim showed great bravery in not only coming forward, but also giving evidence at court to ensure justice was done.”