Tea room plan announced for former Huntingdon shop
- Credit: Archant
A planning application for a new tea room in Huntingdon has been submitted to the district council.
The application could see ‘Belle’s café tearoom’ take over the former Found & Future shop in High Street.
The application requests a change of use from a retail premises to a café and has been submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council.
The Grade-II listed premises has been vacant since last year.
The application states the proposed tea room could employ four members of staff, two full time and two part time. The application was submitted in December.
You may also want to watch:
Agents acting for the applicant told the district council: “The application is made to secure the ongoing use of 26 High Street and will ensure that it continues to contribute to the economic viability of the town centre.
“We therefore hope that this proposal will receive a favourable response from the council and importantly will be handled expeditiously.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives