Council’s annual Christmas lunch is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Town Council welcomed more than 140 people to the annual Pensioner’s Christmas Lunch at the Medway Centre.
The event, held on December 8, was sponsored by Steve’s Private Hire and Huntingdon Tesco Extra.
Steve’s Private Hire gave a donation towards the lunch, gifts and raffle prizes for the event and Huntingdon Tesco Extra donated raffle prizes, as well as a great team of volunteers to help out on the day.
Guests enjoyed a Christmas meal with all the trimmings, served by town councillors, staff members and volunteers. After lunch, guests were treated to a Christmas carol performance by pupils from Stukeley Meadows Primary School.
The mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Jay Dyne was also on hand to wish all in attendance a happy Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the town council said: “We would like to thank everyone involved for all their hard work in making the event such a success, and ensuring everyone left with a smile on their face.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment