Council-owned housing company to offer dozens of homes on RAF Brampton for rent
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of former military homes on RAF Brampton will be available to rent as part of the Military of Defence’s surplus homes scheme.
Dozens of former military homes on RAF Brampton are to be made available to rent as part of the Military of Defence’s surplus homes scheme.
The 95 houses on the base will be managed for five years by South Cambridgeshire District Council’s housing company, Ermine Street Housing.
Stephen Hills, director of housing for the district council, said: “We are really pleased we have secured another MOD contract to build on the successful partnership we have formed with them locally.”
The deal between Ermine Street Housing and the MOD is expected to be finalised in early March when the two, three and four-bedroom homes will then begin to be advertised for rental.
You may also want to watch:
“We know these homes will be in great demand so step forward quickly to secure a fantastic rental property.”
The five-year agreement gives the MOD the flexibility to use the properties for military personnel in the future if they are needed.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 6 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 7 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
The homes in Brampton follow contracts secured by Ermine Street to manage 28 MOD homes in Waterbeach and 14 in Bassingbourn over the last two years.
“We are delighted how the pilot project over the last 18 months has gone on Ermine Street Housing. We have established the company on a sound financial footing and our ethos echoes the ethical approach the Council takes,” added Mr Hills.
The houses are part of a £100 million investment in the housing company that will generate profit for the council to invest in services for residents.
For more information on Ermine Street Housing, and to see the properties available to rent, visit www.erminestreethousing.co.uk or call 01954 713099.