Council awarded £45,000 to build new play park and ‘outdoor gym’
- Credit: Archant
There was good news for youngsters in Bluntisham this week after a grant of more than £45,000 to put towards a new play park was approved.
The money, awarded by WREN’s Community Action Fund, will be used to remove all existing play park equipment and install new equipment chosen by the children of the village.
The play park is located in Mill Lane.
Cllr Philippa Hope, of Bluntisham Parish Council, believes the facility will make a huge difference to the lives of people living in the area.
She said: “This project will provide a real boost to the people of Bluntisham. It’s fantastic that WREN has awarded us this money and we’re really looking forward to our new replacement play park taking shape over the next few months. Exact timescales for the start of the project will follow.”
WREN is a not-for-profit business that awards grants for community, biodiversity and heritage projects from funds donated through the Landfill Communities Fund.
Kerry Talbot, WREN’s grant manager for Cambridgeshire, said: “We’re delighted to be supporting the Bluntisham Play Park project and pleased our funding will provide such a fantastic facility for children and young families.”
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Bluntisham Parish Council hopes the new park will be ready to use by the end of the year.
For more details about the play park and outdoor gym, and to view plans, you can attend the parish council open morning on Saturday from 10am-12pm where Cllr Philippa Hope and the parish clerk will discuss in more detail.