Council awarded £45,000 to build new play park and ‘outdoor gym’
- Credit: Archant
There was good news for youngsters in Bluntisham this week after a grant of more than £45,000 to put towards a new play park was approved.
The money, awarded by WREN’s Community Action Fund, will be used to remove all existing play park equipment and install new equipment chosen by the children of the village.
The play park is located in Mill Lane.
Cllr Philippa Hope, of Bluntisham Parish Council, believes the facility will make a huge difference to the lives of people living in the area.
She said: “This project will provide a real boost to the people of Bluntisham. It’s fantastic that WREN has awarded us this money and we’re really looking forward to our new replacement play park taking shape over the next few months. Exact timescales for the start of the project will follow.”
You may also want to watch:
WREN is a not-for-profit business that awards grants for community, biodiversity and heritage projects from funds donated through the Landfill Communities Fund.
Kerry Talbot, WREN’s grant manager for Cambridgeshire, said: “We’re delighted to be supporting the Bluntisham Play Park project and pleased our funding will provide such a fantastic facility for children and young families.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Bluntisham Parish Council hopes the new park will be ready to use by the end of the year.
For more details about the play park and outdoor gym, and to view plans, you can attend the parish council open morning on Saturday from 10am-12pm where Cllr Philippa Hope and the parish clerk will discuss in more detail.