Guiding movement in St Neots celebrated World Thinking Day
- Credit: Archant
More than 120 people attended an event in St Neots on Saturday to celebrate World Thinking Day.
World Thinking Day is a day of international guiding friendship and has been celebrated by Guides since 1926.
February was chosen because it was the birthday of both Lord and Lady Baden-Powell, who along with Agnes Baden-Powell, (Robert's sister) founded the scouts and guides. World Thinking Day is enjoyed by 10 million girl guides and scouts in 150 countries.
The event, at the Jubilee Hall, in Eaton Socon, included Rainbows (age 5-7), Brownies (age 7-10), Guides (age 10-14), Rangers (age 14-18) and Trefoil Guild (18+) from the St Neots and wider area (includes the Paxtons, Kimbolton and Gamlingay) came together for an afternoon of activities put on by their volunteer leaders.
The theme of this year's WTD was Living Threads and was aimed at highlighting how by weaving different threads (people) together, the world can be stronger.
You may also want to watch:
The girls were taken on a journey around the guiding world centres with games and activities designed to help them think about how they can make a difference to the world.
More guider volunteers are needed in the area, if you have some spare time and would be interested in joining the guiding family in any capacity, contact any unit leader or go though the guiding website.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 4 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 6 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 7 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 8 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 9 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 10 Muddy ditch rescue and swooping pigeons - life as a Modern Mum