Could Eric be Huntingdonshire’s answer to Billy Eliott?
Sixteen-year-old Eric Walker could be Huntingdonshire’s answer to Billy Eliott after scoring top marks in a recent dance exam.
Hinchingbrooke School pupil Eric was one of 100 pupils from Huntingdon-based dance school DMJ Dancing, who took the International Dance Teachers Association exam in freestyle dance.
All the students who took the exam passed, but Eric scored the highest marks - though teacher Debbie Kilworth would not reveal what it was.
She said: “He [Eric] was shocked when I told him but he so deserved it as he works so hard to get the routines that he’s learnt right.
“He has to keep up with his dancing as well as being at sixth form college and also having a part-time job. He does not have a lot of time to fit it in, but it just shows what you can achieve with a lot of hard work & dedication. I am so proud of all my pupils.”
You may also want to watch:
Students from DMJ Dancing will be taking part in a special award next year with the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 4 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 6 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 7 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 8 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 9 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 10 Muddy ditch rescue and swooping pigeons - life as a Modern Mum