Could Eric be Huntingdonshire’s answer to Billy Eliott?
Sixteen-year-old Eric Walker could be Huntingdonshire’s answer to Billy Eliott after scoring top marks in a recent dance exam.
Hinchingbrooke School pupil Eric was one of 100 pupils from Huntingdon-based dance school DMJ Dancing, who took the International Dance Teachers Association exam in freestyle dance.
All the students who took the exam passed, but Eric scored the highest marks - though teacher Debbie Kilworth would not reveal what it was.
She said: “He [Eric] was shocked when I told him but he so deserved it as he works so hard to get the routines that he’s learnt right.
“He has to keep up with his dancing as well as being at sixth form college and also having a part-time job. He does not have a lot of time to fit it in, but it just shows what you can achieve with a lot of hard work & dedication. I am so proud of all my pupils.”
Students from DMJ Dancing will be taking part in a special award next year with the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing