Could Eric be Huntingdonshire’s answer to Billy Eliott?
Sixteen-year-old Eric Walker could be Huntingdonshire’s answer to Billy Eliott after scoring top marks in a recent dance exam.
Hinchingbrooke School pupil Eric was one of 100 pupils from Huntingdon-based dance school DMJ Dancing, who took the International Dance Teachers Association exam in freestyle dance.
All the students who took the exam passed, but Eric scored the highest marks - though teacher Debbie Kilworth would not reveal what it was.
She said: “He [Eric] was shocked when I told him but he so deserved it as he works so hard to get the routines that he’s learnt right.
“He has to keep up with his dancing as well as being at sixth form college and also having a part-time job. He does not have a lot of time to fit it in, but it just shows what you can achieve with a lot of hard work & dedication. I am so proud of all my pupils.”
You may also want to watch:
Students from DMJ Dancing will be taking part in a special award next year with the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week