Controlled explosion in Offord D’Arcy
BOMB disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion in Offord D’Arcy earlier today (Friday).
Police were called to a field close to the Huntingdonshire village shortly before midday after a suspected munitions shell was discovered.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson told The Hunts Post: “We were called to reports of a suspected munitions shell at 11.55am in a field between Graveley and Offord D’Arcy.
“The road was closed and a 200m cordon set up while explosive experts attend the scene.
“The shell has now been disposed of in a controlled explosion and the road has re-opened.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened at approximately 3pm.
CONTACT: Were you affected by the road closure? Did you see the explosion? Email email@example.com.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k