Contortionist wows the crowds in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Street entertainer Bendy Em stunned shoppers in Huntingdon on Saturday with her contortion show.
The performer, who has appeared around the world, demonstrated her incredible flexibility in Chequers Court where she folded herself into a 16-inch Perspex box.
The show was organised by Bid Huntingdon/ Huntingdon First. Manager Sue Bradshaw said: “It was a really nice day and a lot of people watched. The feedback was brilliant – people thought that it brought something different to Huntingdon.”
Bendy Em was joined by the Wendy Burke School of Dance, who performed an array of moves alongside Dave the Balloon Man and face painters.
“Dave the Balloon Man and the face painters were extremely busy again as they were last week when the Afrikan Warriors came with many of the kids walking around town with their faces painted,” added Ms Bradshaw.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second year that performers have entertained crowds in High Street.
Sue added: “We will definitely be putting it on again next year, this is a nice theme as it attracts something different to the town.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache