Contents of former Somersham bakers to be auctioned
- Credit: Archant
A DELIVERY bicycle, bun presses and dough mixers are among the items from a former bakery being sold at auction.
Bonnetts Bakers, a Somersham-based business for more than 200 years, closed in May and director David Bonnett blamed the “domination of supermarkets”.
Now the contents of the High Street shop, bakery and kitchen are going under the hammer in an online auction on Wednesday, July 13.
The bicycle is one of a number of items listed as “historical” by auctioneer W&H Peacock.
Others include potato sack scales, an original JS Fry display cabinet, a cake decorator’s rotating table, a Georgian bureau and a four-drawer oak filing cabinet.
A bacon slicer, two sets of scales, ovens, freezers and a pastry roller are among the bakery equipment being auctioned.
Meanwhile, kitchen goods in the sale will include two chest freezers, a coffee machine and grinder and three insect killers.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
INFORMATION: A viewing wil be held at Bonnetts in High Street, Somersham from 9am to 5pm on Tuesday, July 16. Bidding on Wednesday, July 17 will close at noon.
For more info, call Ben Adams on 01234 266366 or visit www.peacockauction.co.uk