Contents of former Somersham bakers to be auctioned
- Credit: Archant
A DELIVERY bicycle, bun presses and dough mixers are among the items from a former bakery being sold at auction.
Bonnetts Bakers, a Somersham-based business for more than 200 years, closed in May and director David Bonnett blamed the “domination of supermarkets”.
Now the contents of the High Street shop, bakery and kitchen are going under the hammer in an online auction on Wednesday, July 13.
The bicycle is one of a number of items listed as “historical” by auctioneer W&H Peacock.
Others include potato sack scales, an original JS Fry display cabinet, a cake decorator’s rotating table, a Georgian bureau and a four-drawer oak filing cabinet.
A bacon slicer, two sets of scales, ovens, freezers and a pastry roller are among the bakery equipment being auctioned.
Meanwhile, kitchen goods in the sale will include two chest freezers, a coffee machine and grinder and three insect killers.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
INFORMATION: A viewing wil be held at Bonnetts in High Street, Somersham from 9am to 5pm on Tuesday, July 16. Bidding on Wednesday, July 17 will close at noon.
For more info, call Ben Adams on 01234 266366 or visit www.peacockauction.co.uk