Condemnation for Nick Griffin Tweets about John Morgan and Michael Black
POLICE have been informed about a series of Tweets posted by British National Party MEP Nick Griffin in response to today’s court victory for Michael Black and John Morgan.
It was announced earlier today that the couple, from Brampton, had won their discrimination case against a B&B owner who refused to give them a room because they are gay.
In four messages posted online this afternoon, Mr Griffin described the couple as “bullying ‘gay’ activists” and appealed for someone to give him the couple’s address.
Mr Griffin, who is chairman of the BNP, then published the couple’s details and told them: “We’ll hold demo for rights of all home owners, gays included, to rent or not rent rooms to whomsoever they wish.”
He added: “A British Justice team will come up to Huntington [sic] and give you a bit of drama by way of reminding you that an English couple’s home is their castle. Say no to heterophobia!”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Cambridgeshire police said they had been made aware of the issue.
Mr Griffin was trending on Twitter following the posts, with a large number of people condemning his actions.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme