Condemnation for Nick Griffin Tweets about John Morgan and Michael Black
POLICE have been informed about a series of Tweets posted by British National Party MEP Nick Griffin in response to today’s court victory for Michael Black and John Morgan.
It was announced earlier today that the couple, from Brampton, had won their discrimination case against a B&B owner who refused to give them a room because they are gay.
In four messages posted online this afternoon, Mr Griffin described the couple as “bullying ‘gay’ activists” and appealed for someone to give him the couple’s address.
Mr Griffin, who is chairman of the BNP, then published the couple’s details and told them: “We’ll hold demo for rights of all home owners, gays included, to rent or not rent rooms to whomsoever they wish.”
He added: “A British Justice team will come up to Huntington [sic] and give you a bit of drama by way of reminding you that an English couple’s home is their castle. Say no to heterophobia!”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Cambridgeshire police said they had been made aware of the issue.
Mr Griffin was trending on Twitter following the posts, with a large number of people condemning his actions.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 7 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81