Competition for Huntingdon carnival logo launched
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists young and old are being urged to create a logo for the Huntingdon Carnival.
The decision to launch the logo competition follows last week’s announcement that Huntingdon Carnival will go ahead in 2016.
In the countdown to the event the Huntingdon Carnival Committee are looking for a bright and eye-catching design that represents Huntingdon that will be the main logo for next year’s parade on August 13/14.
The committee was formed under the leadership of Huntingdon mayor Councillor Bill Hensley in order to revive the town’s carnival, which has not taken place in 13 years.
Several businesses have also given their backing to the carnival including Tesco, Luminus, Bid Huntingdon, Fusion and Huntingdon Community Radio as well as members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is being sponsored by Tesco Extra Huntingdon and their community team.
Entry forms for the competition are available from Tesco Extra and the Town Hall.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Closing date is Monday, August 31 with the winner announced on September 5 at Huntingdon Community Radio’s ‘Live in the Park’ event at Bloomfield Park.
For more information contact the Tesco Community champions Alyce and Karen on 07756528752 or email Huntingdonextracommunityspace@uk.tesco.com.