Competition for Huntingdon carnival logo launched
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists young and old are being urged to create a logo for the Huntingdon Carnival.
The decision to launch the logo competition follows last week’s announcement that Huntingdon Carnival will go ahead in 2016.
In the countdown to the event the Huntingdon Carnival Committee are looking for a bright and eye-catching design that represents Huntingdon that will be the main logo for next year’s parade on August 13/14.
The committee was formed under the leadership of Huntingdon mayor Councillor Bill Hensley in order to revive the town’s carnival, which has not taken place in 13 years.
Several businesses have also given their backing to the carnival including Tesco, Luminus, Bid Huntingdon, Fusion and Huntingdon Community Radio as well as members of the public.
The competition is being sponsored by Tesco Extra Huntingdon and their community team.
Entry forms for the competition are available from Tesco Extra and the Town Hall.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
Closing date is Monday, August 31 with the winner announced on September 5 at Huntingdon Community Radio’s ‘Live in the Park’ event at Bloomfield Park.
For more information contact the Tesco Community champions Alyce and Karen on 07756528752 or email Huntingdonextracommunityspace@uk.tesco.com.