Community support fund gives a boost to district’s events
- Credit: Archant
Events across Huntingdonshire are set to be given a share of £2,000, thanks to a community support fund by Mick George Ltd.
The construction company, based in Huntingdon, has selected seven events to support over the next few months, with St Ives Christmas market and light switch-on among the list.
The St Ives 10k and 3k Fun Run is also set to receive funding, as well as the Alconbury Cycling Sportive.
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George Ltd, said: “The sheer volume of applicants for sponsorship assistance from our business highlights just how difficult it is for these often charity or volunteer lead initiatives to generate the finances required to host such events.
As well as staging events, the funding can also help communities to improve them.
You may also want to watch:
“The enjoyment that the visitors get from these events shows the true value of each to the respective local communities” Mr Stump added.
“We are expecting over 10,000 spectators to visit the seven events that we have selected which makes it all the more worthwhile to us. We hope that our support enhances the experience.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan