Community order for man found with indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A man found in possession of extreme and indecent images has been given a community order.
Sean Brennan, of Cootes Lane, Fen Drayton, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday after pleading guilty to possession of an extreme pornographic image, possession of a prohibited image of a child and making indecent images of children.
The 34 year old was given a 12 month community order and must undertake 42 days unpaid work.
He was also issued with a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for five years preventing him having any contact with children under the age of 18.
Brennan will also be on the Sex Offenders’ Register for five years.
You may also want to watch:
Acting on intelligence, officers arrested Brennan in April 2017 and seized his mobile phone and some USB sticks.
Officers from the Paedophile Online Investigation Unit (POLIT) found four category C images as well as 57 extreme images and videos and seven prohibited ones.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Detective Sergeant James Weston said: “Tackling online viewing of child sexual abuse images is a priority for police across the country and there are consequences for those who view such images.”
For information on spotting the signs of child abuse, visit https://www.cambs.police.uk/information-and-services/Child-protection/child-abuse