Community group hosts ‘climate emergency’ video talk
- Credit: Archant
Community group Momentum Huntingdonshire held a video guided talk on “understanding the climate emergency” on Sunday at the Medway Centre in Huntingdon.
During the talk, which was presented by Ken Doyle, two short films were shown; 'wake up, freak out' as well as 'get a grip and Home' by Yann Arthus-Bertrand.
Following the presentation there was a question and answer session and refreshments.
In attendance was Councillor Anita Diaz who said "It is great to have the opportunity to attend a talk about environmental issues and what action we can focus on locally.
Cllr Samuel Sweek, chair of the environment sub committee said that the screening of "home" really put into perspective "the challenges we face as a society. It is a responsibility of us all, particularly big businesses and corporations to completely rethink their practises and aim for total decarbonisation as soon as possible".
You may also want to watch:
Further talks and presentations are due to take place in the near future which will be available to the public.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 Letters to the Editor
- 10 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital