Community group hosts ‘climate emergency’ video talk
- Credit: Archant
Community group Momentum Huntingdonshire held a video guided talk on “understanding the climate emergency” on Sunday at the Medway Centre in Huntingdon.
During the talk, which was presented by Ken Doyle, two short films were shown; 'wake up, freak out' as well as 'get a grip and Home' by Yann Arthus-Bertrand.
Following the presentation there was a question and answer session and refreshments.
In attendance was Councillor Anita Diaz who said "It is great to have the opportunity to attend a talk about environmental issues and what action we can focus on locally.
Cllr Samuel Sweek, chair of the environment sub committee said that the screening of "home" really put into perspective "the challenges we face as a society. It is a responsibility of us all, particularly big businesses and corporations to completely rethink their practises and aim for total decarbonisation as soon as possible".
You may also want to watch:
Further talks and presentations are due to take place in the near future which will be available to the public.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire